1 lb italian sausage
1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes ; (or to your liking)
3 large russet potatoes ; chunked (peeled or unpeeled)
1 large onion ; diced
4 slices bacon ; chopped
3 garlic cloves ; minced
3 cups kale or swiss chard ; chopped
2 boxes (32 oz ea) chicken broth
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
liberal sprinkling of white pepper
1. Sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, set aside.
2. In the same pan, sautee bacon. When about half way cooked add the onions and garlic. Sautee for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Add the chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Add heavy cream and the cooked sausage and cook until heated through. Add white pepper to taste
6. Add kale just before serving.