1 (6 ounce) package of boxed cornbread stuffing mix (I used Mrs. Cubbison’s) see shopping tip,
1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
3 cups of zucchini, diced
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 cup onions, chopped
1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 (10 ¾ ounce) can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
1 teaspoon dried sage
Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13 x 9 inch baking pan or glass pan with cooking spray.
2. In an extra large bowl, combine stuffing mix and 1/3 melted butter. Set aside ½ cup of mixture for topping.
3. In a microwave safe large bowl, add zucchini, mushrooms and onions and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook in microwave for 2 minutes to soften vegetables.
3. Add cooked veggies to the large bowl of stuffing mixture. Stir in cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, cottage cheese, sage and pepper. Mix until completely combined.
4. Place stuffing mixture into baking pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle reserved ½ cup stuffing mix on top. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
5. Cool slightly and cut into 8 slices. This casserole freezes great!